- First published in 1910, The Smallholder has always championed a sustainable and eco-friendly way of living. It’s unrivalled heritage, knowledge and trust makes it the magazine of the growing smallholder community.
- With the increased interest in living sustainable and supporting the environment, The Smallholder inspires and informs smallholders of all sizes from those with large productive gardens right up to those with several acres of land.
- There are regular features on sheep, chickens, pigs, goats and alpacas plus frequent articles on fruit and vegetables and land skills and rural crafts; in fact, everything to interest and support the smallholder
- Following the merger with Practical Poultry magazine every issue has section dedicated to rearing and caring for poultry.
- The Smallholder exudes a sense of community, mutual help and, above all, celebrated the joy of living and working on the land.